School ReadinessDate(s): 25/04/2017
Time: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
Location: Marden House
Address: London Road, Calne, SN11 0JJ
Speaker: Lucy Waterman and Sandra Woolley
Contact: Lucy Waterman, firstname.lastname@example.org,
What does school readiness REALLY mean? With all the downward pressure on children, how can we help children to be curious, capable, excited learners, with the strong foundations they need to flourish at school? You will also be able to use the resources provided in your work with parents, helping to develop their understanding of school readiness.
Additonally we will help you understand what evidence Ofsted inspectors look for to judge school readiness, and will show you how inspectors make a judgement in the Outcomes section of the inspection.
This school readiness training will look at: the importance of PSED, the development of confidence, self-esteem, relationships, independence and dispositions to learning (linked to characteristics of effective learning).
We will also consider the vital importance of physical skills, specifically linked to the new EYFS 2017 guidance from the Chief Medical Officer. We explore the vital nature of learning through movement and how this has a significant impact on children’s readiness for school.
And we consider why (and how) Ofsted look for an extremely sharp focus on helping children acquire Communication and Language skills. Recognised as being essential in giving children secure foundations for the next stage in their learning, this training will provide you with tools to ensure you have a language rich environment to promote C&L for all children. We will also consider the specific needs of children with EAL.
Don’t miss out – book today
Bookings are closed for this event.
- Safeguarding Children Training - Level 1 - 22/09/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Early Years Web Summit - 25/09/2017 - 01/10/2017 - All Day
- Inside the Brain of a Child - 17/10/2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Safeguarding Training - Level 2 - 02/11/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Safeguarding and Protecting Every Child 2017 - 03/11/2017 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- A Journey into Mindful Leadership in the Workplace - 10/11/2017 - 01/12/2017 - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Transformational Leadership - 10/11/2017 - All Day
- Transformational Teams - 17/11/2017 - All Day
- Empathy, Coaching and Mentoring - 24/11/2017 - All Day
- Mindful Communication through Conflict in the Workplace - 01/12/2017 - All Day
- Safeguarding Training - Level 4 - 08/12/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Keeping Children Safe - 19/01/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Working with children who are subject to Child Protection Plans - 09/02/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Creating and Sustaining Environments - 16/02/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Early Years Education Sweden 4 Day Tour - 29/05/2018 - 01/06/2018 - 12:00 am