Hands On, Brains On! – “My Muscles do My Thinking”Date(s): 05/09/2017
Time: 8:15 am - 4:00 pm
Location: Kingston Hill Campus - Kingston University
Address: Kingston Hill, Kingston-upon-Thames, KT2 7LB
Speaker: Mine Conkbayir, Penny Greenland
Contact: Becky Fleming, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Achieving for Children Annual Conference
This is the conference held annually for teachers working in the EYFS in schools and Early Years Practitioners. The purpose is to create an annual opportunity to come together to network and to develop professional knowledge and skills in their field. The content of the conference is decided by the Early Years Advisory Team and there is input from Leading Foundation Stage Leaders.
A key theme of the day is supporting children’s physical development and the employment of physical activity in all aspects of children’s learning. Workshops and key note speeches will include a mix of the practical and inspirational.
This will be a comprehensive and valuable day for practitioners in school who are working in nursery and reception. There will be opportunity for networking, sharing ideas and hearing from experts in the field. The full day will be opened and closed with two informative, inspirational and knowledgeable speakers.
NEyTCO Training & Development Director | Speaker, Lecturer and Author
Mine Conkbayir is tireless in her work to inform educators, parents and policy makers about the importance of early brain development and neuroscience in the care of our youngest citizens. As a training and development director, Mine works closely with NEyTCO in order to better implement their vision for Early Years consultants and trainers, improve quality and promote better understanding of child development and the incredible long term benefits of early intervention. As well as a focus on early childhood education and care and neuroscience, Mine manages NEyTCO training programmes with a highly skilled team as well as developing new accredited and non-accredited course modules and workshops.
Her articles regularly feature in publications including Teach Early Years, the Times Educational Supplement (TES) and Early Years Childcarer Magazine.
Mine is the author of Early Childhood Theories and Contemporary Issues – 20 Nov 2014 and a second book, Early Childhood and Neuroscience: Theory, Research & Implications for Practice – 12 Jan 2017, which is receiving positive feedback from professionals within the sector and in the wider
Mine is currently studying for a PhD in early childhood education and care and neuroscience in order to further her extensive work in the complex and challenging arena of neuroscience and its potential use in early childhood policy and practice.
Mine is the Winner of the NMT Top 5 Most Inspirational Award (2017).
Penny Greenland MBE
Penny Greenland is Director of JABADAO – national centre for physical play. She began her career as dancer and choreographer, trained as a movement therapist and set up JABADAO in 1985 to find a new role for dancers working alongside education, care and health workers. Between 1998 and 2009 she lead an in-depth action research project exploring the way adults support young children’s (0-6) physicality; and created a new training based on the findings – a child-led, play-based approach subsequently adopted in many settings across England and Wales. She is author of Hopping Home Backwards: body intelligence and movement play, editor/contributor for What Dancers Do that Other Health Workers Don’t and contributor to several early years text books. She is currently developing work in care settings alongside people with later stage dementia.
Additionally delegates will be able to attend one workshop from a choice of eight, both in the morning and the afternoon. Our keynote speakers will also be delivering workshops both morning and afternoon.
For more information and pricing, please click here to be diverted to the Event website
Status: Places Available
- Safeguarding Children Training - Level 1 - 22/09/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Early Years Web Summit - 25/09/2017 - 01/10/2017 - All Day
- Inside the Brain of a Child - 17/10/2017 - 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Safeguarding Training - Level 2 - 02/11/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Safeguarding and Protecting Every Child 2017 - 03/11/2017 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- A Journey into Mindful Leadership in the Workplace - 10/11/2017 - 01/12/2017 - 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Transformational Leadership - 10/11/2017 - All Day
- Transformational Teams - 17/11/2017 - All Day
- Empathy, Coaching and Mentoring - 24/11/2017 - All Day
- Mindful Communication through Conflict in the Workplace - 01/12/2017 - All Day
- Safeguarding Training - Level 4 - 08/12/2017 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Keeping Children Safe - 19/01/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Working with children who are subject to Child Protection Plans - 09/02/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Creating and Sustaining Environments - 16/02/2018 - 9:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Early Years Education Sweden 4 Day Tour - 29/05/2018 - 01/06/2018 - 12:00 am