Professional Consulting Skills Programme
Accredited training for Early Years Consultants
The Early Years and Childcare Sector continue to be under the spotlight. The current
approaches to funding are not succeeding in raising quality to the levels needed, particularly in the poorest areas.
Early Years Consultants and Advisers need to develop a high level of consulting skills in addition to their own specific areas of expertise in order to effectively provide the support that owners and managers of EY settings and EY teachers in schools require.
Accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), the UK’s leading professional body for managers, consultants and advisers, the Professional Consulting Skills Programme has been specifically designed to support develop people who are considering or who have already begun to establish themselves as independent consultants and advisers within the sector.
- Setting up and running a consultancy business in the EY sector
- Refining your USP
- Essential consultancy skills and diagnostic tools
- Establishing your reputation as an EY consultant
- Overcoming communication challenges facing a consultant
- Supporting your clients through change
- Adding value to clients
- Sources of funding, information and resources to support settings
The NEyTCO Professional Consulting Skills Programme offers you the opportunity to take part in either r a first module New to Consultancy Workshop (one day workshop with one month preparation and mentoring) or to build on this with a further two modules of training to cover the syllabus of the Level 5 Award in Professional Consulting, awarded by the Chartered Management Institute(CMI) (An additional two days of training, with two months of preparation, one-to-one mentoring etc.). By completing the post-course assignment, which is externally marked by CMI examiners, you can gain this important qualification to demonstrate your competence.
Who should attend?
The Professional Consulting Skills Programme is designed for:
- Those new to operating as a consultant who wish to build their confidence and develop under-pinning knowledge and skills
- Experienced consultants who wish to build on their existing abilities and acquire an accredited qualification
- People who are currently employed in specialist roles who are planning to work as consultants in the future.
The Programme gives you the key skills and knowledge to confidently add value to clients in the Early Years and Childcare sector, whatever your role or specialism.
What do participants say?
“It brought out some of the skills that maybe I wasn’t aware I had – it’s given me more confidence to go into settings”
“The group working was very helpful – it was very much based on us doing the work rather than it being a lecture”
“The programme provided an opportunity to update my knowledge base, but also I welcomed the opportunity to share learning and best practice, and to network”
The fee for the Professional Consulting Skills Programme
Leading to the Level 5 Award in Professional Consulting
£1,245 + VAT for NEyTCO members, £1,395 + VAT for non-members
- A Nationally recognised qualification with the opportunity for progression
- 23 full days of face to face training in a city near you and number of webinars
- A combination of structured classroom-based training, case study activity and self-study
- One year’s Affiliate Member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) or The Institute of Consulting (IC) with access to their national and regional events and free online learning materials in a wide range of management topics
- All materials including core textbook plus electronic copies of learning materials for use within your settings
- Unlimited email and phone tutorial support plus access to a confidential support website with frequently asked questions and guidance to further assist you in completing your assignment
- Valuable face to face and virtual networking opportunities
- Invitations to attend an annual conference and other events at a reduced rate.
In addition students who are NEyTCO members and who successfully complete the Level 5 Award qualification will be able to access the following valuable benefits through NEyTCO:
- Access to a lead mentor who is able to support
them through their first year and will also be able to signpost them to a pool of specialist mentors from within the NEyTCO membership
Course Dates (London)
Course Dates for London – Autumn 2017
- 6th October 2017
- 8th December 2017
Course Dates for London – Spring 2018
- 9th February 2018
- 20th April 2018
Book Now for 2017 & 2018
Bookings being taken now for London.
Also available in any mainland UK location (subject to a min. of 6 students)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your enquiry
* Please note, you will be asked to confirm your email address / subscription. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any further help or information. Thank you!
Need help? Have questions? call us on 020 8979 8198 or alternatively, you can fill in our contact form and one of the NEyTCO team will call you back.